Director of Sourcing Services
Former CIO and ICT General Manager with 24 years ICT management consulting experience in ICT Sourcing, Program & Project Management & ERP implementations in asset intensive mining and electricity industries.
Attributes & characteristics
- Delivering an ICT Sourcing Strategy and transition methodology for Xstrata Queensland Ltd
- Former Manager Information Service (CIO) for Tarong Energy, highlights include: developing an ICT strategy, setting up a program office, methodology and program of work, changing ICT sourcing models, managing a flood crisis and managing the ICT merger with Stanwell and CS Energy Corporations.
- A former General Manager who established & led a 250 person ICT Project Delivery Group (4 years) for SPARQ Solutions (ENERGEX & Ergon Energy joint venture) with an annual program of work of $165m (60 projects) & a resource revenue stream of $65m.
- MBA & 24 years international experience (13 yrs. QLD) in ICT programs/projects & line management, successfully delivering ICT change to organisations.
- Delivered a strategic ICT sourcing change for Xstrata from an outsourced (Tier 1) to a multi sourced ICT environment (2 vendors combined with in sourcing).
- Strong strategic ICT leadership, expert in integrating people, processes & systems to build high performing organisations that deliver value to customers.
- Excellent at building business relationships through listening, advising on ICT & delivering on promised outcomes.
- A skilled negotiator with ICT service providers, able to run tenders & produce contracts that deliver outcomes.
- Experienced line manager who can formulate business plans, budgets & successfully manage ICT business units with outstanding results.
- Proven resource manager who setup a 250 person projects division for SPARQ solutions maintaining high utilisation (90%), staff retention levels & satisfaction.
- Strong in ICT processes, methodology (ITIL, PMBOK, Prince2) & troubleshooting
- Able to mentor & coach ICT professionals to operate using industry best practices.